Tuesday, April 5, 2011

sunshine.

My Bleeding Hearts are coming through the ground.  I'd forgotten about them.  I received them in a planter when Michael died last year and transplanted them under a little tree in the back yard.  I'm so glad to see them because I know they will always be there and they seem appropriate for the area where Michael left us.

The sun has come out. I'm not sure if it will last but oh how good it is to see.  It's been an emotional day because I've been  doing things and making decisions (trying to) that I've been putting off for months.  In going through paperwork in a file with Michael's name on it I found his suicide note to us.  Although I should know it by heart it makes me cry to see his handwriting, to read his words.  This stands out:  "please know that I am content with my decision"...Oh how I hope that he found the peace he needed.
He ends his letter with "I love you"  Michael.  I love you too Mikey.  Mom. 

No comments: