Monday, January 17, 2011

Michael

Driving uptown today I passed my granddaughter walking along with her maternal grandmother and I was struck by how much I miss the little things like lots of time, spontaneous visits, sleep overs.  It was the trigger for todays slide down the snake  I finished up what I had to do and came home but later I realized I had forgotten to mail an important letter.  While in the store I ran into a friend who also suffered a loss this year, and I was able to listen to her and hold her as she cried, and that was the trigger that helped me up the ladder.  Knowing I am not alone on this road, and understanding how helpful it is to have someone listen I am able to be someone else's support when all they need is a safe person to talk to, someone to say their loved one's name to. 

And so I shout his name as I walk.  I call him and wonder if he knows I'm calling him. 

No comments: