Tuesday, March 15, 2011

sour notes and sweet anticipation

5:40 am.  Hmm...slept in this morning?  I left choir last night with a song from Winnie the Pooh running through my head.  It's the Tigger song, "The wonderful thing about Tiggers, is Tiggers are wonderful things".  Only what I was singing was "The wonderful things about my meds, is my meds are wonderful things".  Silly, I know.  But, taking my ativan last night enabled me to go out and actually enjoy my practice with the choir.  There was a bit of a down side - my fingers every now and again, had a mind of their own.  But I thought it better to have the odd sour note than not be there and I came home feeling far better than I had when I went out.
The other odd thing was that it was still light when I went out.  Now that we are on daylight savings time again there is way more daylight.  I didn't realize what a difference that would make. My usual habit is to draw the curtains and blinds and shut out the world. There was something liberating in going out  in the evening and in the light.  Now I realize I did this because I had taken my ativan.  But still, I did it.  And, on top of that, I didn't feel the need to opt out of my obligation for the upcoming Easter season.

Right now I'm going back to bed because I'm sleepy.  I was awake for hours after I got home last night and this morning I can still feel the effects of the meds so am going to try to sleep for another hour. 

Michael was with me last night and he's with me this morning.  I'm going to light his candle and talk to him for awhile.  Today we have his little girl for the afternoon.  How we love these visits.   For now, I need to rest up for my high energy granddaughter.  I can't wait to see Michael's eyes on her little face.  The anticipation of seeing my granddaughters and being Nana to them gives me such strength.  I am so very grateful for the blessings I have in my life. 

Today is a forward stepping day.   I'll take it!!!

1 comment:

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

I hope that you have a great visit!

It must be such a pleasure to have her around... I bet she looks forward to it as much as you do.

Michelle