Saturday, November 27, 2010

Strength from a phone call

This morning we received a phone call from a good friend of Michael's who was passing through the Valley.  Geoff and Michael have been friends since they played ball together nearly 20 years ago and he is one of the kids who always called me Mum.  Geoff no longer lives here, he hasn't in years but usually calls us a couple of times a year, just to keep in touch. 

Today, he called again, just as he always has and I realized that that part of my life is still the same.  A lot of Michael's friends had no idea he was struggling.  When they kept it touch, Michael always pretended to them that everything was okay.  So, when he left so suddenly, with no goodbyes to any of them, it was very difficult for them. 

My soul was strengthened by that phone call and I realize I am blessed.  I am not sure that I deserve to be blessed but I am so grateful for it anyway. 

No comments: