Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1st.

It's Canada Day.  We don't usually do anything special for Cananda day but today we rode our bikes uptown to listen to an essay written by a friend's niece.  Lots of people uptown but we came home right after hearing the essay.  Well done Lauren by the way...anyway...the flag was piped in by three pipers and a bass drum...and right now..they are next door "celebrating" Canada day and playing.  I'm itching to peek through the cedars to see if my husband is playing.  They sound like they are having fun.  I'm glad...

Trying to keep occupied before and after the festivities today I've done laundry, baked scones for the "band" and have Q-tipped the area where the patio door slides...Q-tipping inspires me so I'm going to do more laundry.  Two people shouldn't have so much I don't think...but I've been helping a friend this week so have gotten a bit behind.  As long as I can keep busy today will be okay. 

Michael visited me in my dreams last night.  He was younger..and I remember asking him if he was okay.  He just looked at me at smiled..not a big smile..just one of those smiles you give people when there really is no answer to a question.  Any time I've dreamt of Michael the question is the same, "are you okay?"...I wish there was someone to answer these questions. 

So, today is just a level day and a level day is okay with me.  I love you Michael.  xx

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Saw you briefly while we were talking to Tom and Helen but then lost you - guess you'd already headed home. I don't q-tip anything so if you ever feel the need - drop on by:) We'll be home most days so if you want a cuppa or a walk, just let me know!

p.s. I'm pretty sure that Heaven's a place where everyone is okay:)

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

I too, think Michael is okay now.

there is no more pain for him, which is really what made it 'not okay' in the first place.

Glad you got to go out for a bit today and enjoy the day.

Happy Canada day to you, all the way from Maple Ridge :)

Unknown said...

Hi Roxanne,
Saw you too and was going to walk over but then Roy & Lexie walked up. I don't imagine you NEED to q-tip..do you sandpaper your toilets?? That's another fulfilling thing to do..that's from Helen...I still think but focusing on the dirt seems to make it okay. Would love a walk..I'll keep in touch.

Michelle...How did you feel today? Are you still in a bad post chemo place? It's the emotional mind that questions the "okayness"..the rational mind knows his pain ended when he left. I'm never sure if I want the dreams to stop or not. Sending you hugs. xx